At Arcadia Dentistry, we understand the importance of a full, healthy smile. That is why we offer dental implants, a permanent and natural-looking solution for missing teeth. Our dentist and team are committed to restoring your smile’s functionality and aesthetic appeal with this advanced treatment option.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots, typically made of titanium, that are surgically placed into your jawbone to support replacement teeth. They provide a sturdy and long-lasting foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. Implants are an excellent alternative to dentures and bridges, offering a more secure and comfortable solution for tooth replacement.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Natural Look and Feel: Designed to look, feel, and function like your natural teeth.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike bridges, implants do not require reducing other teeth, preserving more of your natural tooth structure.
- Durability: With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
- Enhanced Comfort and Speech: Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures and the worry of them slipping or making noise.
- Convenience: Implants are maintained just like your natural teeth, with routine brushing and flossing.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The process of getting dental implants involves several steps, usually completed over a few months. After a comprehensive evaluation to determine if you are a candidate for implants, the implant post is surgically placed into the jawbone where your tooth is missing. Once the jawbone heals and integrates with the implant, a small connector post, or abutment, is attached to securely hold the new tooth. Finally, a replacement tooth, or crown, is attached to the abutment.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation
If you are considering dental implants in Arcadia, California, we invite you to call us at 626-445-8048 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ali Jahani to learn how this restorative can improve your quality of life.